Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE - NIC/Configuration Issues

Eric Misawa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm facing an estrange situation configuring MSE 3310 (wIPS).

I've first configured MSE in one  network and I needed to change the subnet, so I've changed to another network and the MSE stopped working propperly.

I've changed the configuration using the Setup Wizard. When I've changed the configuration, my NIC started to fail to assume the new IP configuration and always get APIPA Addressing, and to get the right IP addressing I need to restart the NIC (service network restart). When I restart the NIC I get the right IP address, I can PING the whole network, but from other devices I can't PING the MSE and I can't make the MSE join the WCS.

Has anybody already experienced something like this?

Thank You!

4 Replies 4

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like typical linux appliance.. .

I have seen similar hevaiors with WLSE.

try setting up manually the gateway :-)

Thank you for the reply, but I've already tried to change all the configuration manually and the server still present the same problems...

Eric Misawa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I've upgraded the MSE software. Now I can add the MSE to the WCS, but the NIC still loses its configuration in random periods of time. Does anybody know how to fix this instability with this NIC?

PS: When I restart the network service (/etc/init.d/network restart) the NIC assumes the right IP addressing and I can ping the entire network. But suddenly it loses configuration getting APIPA IP addressing (169.254..../16).

Thank You!

Eric Misawa
Level 1
Level 1

Got the solution for this problem!

There were some configuration mistakes on the /etc/hosts, /etc/sysconfig/network, /etc/sysconfig/netwok-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card