Helpful
Replies

MSE unreachable

jason.dauriat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe someone could help us!

We are currently facing a bug with the MSE. Let me explain what's happening.

We are using Prime Infrastructure 1.2 and the MSE is using the version 7.3.101.0.

Monday, everything worked fine. We are using the MSE with Aeroscout Engine for localization.

Tuesday, we were going to configure maps on Aeroscout System Manager. We could'nt connect to the System Manager. So we checked Prime Infrastructure. MSE was down, but still answered to the ping or ssh connexion. So we tried many things to try to reestablish the connection between MSE and Prime Infrastrucutre.
Nothing happened so we decided to delete the MSE from Prime Infrastrucutre. But now, we can no longer add it on Prime. When we try, Prime displays this error : "No response from Server. It may be unreachable, or server is down or   HTTPS connection to server failed."

We also tried to re-install MSE, with data migration and without. But still the same error.

Moreover, when we try the command "getserverinfo" on the MSE, it displays :

"Starting MSE Plateform. Waiting to check the status. Failed to get the status".

Same issue for the command "service msed status".

Have you any idea about this problem ? This would help us so much smiley

Thanks.

Best regards.

4 Replies 4

jason.dauriat
Level 1
Level 1

Also, we have an error when we finish the setup.sh :

Database started successfully. Starting framework and services .........................

Exiting setup script...

first
ERROR: Error in invoking Operation sendAuditLogMsg on mbean
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: mse-admin:name=cmdSetupAuditLog
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getClassLoaderFor(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1438)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getClassLoaderFor(JmxMBeanServer.java:1276)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$5.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1326)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getClassLoaderFor(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1323)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:771)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:303)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:5
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTranspor
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Stream
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:142)
        at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown Sou
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.
        at com.cisco.mse.common.util.JMXClient.performOperation(JMXClient.java:1
        at com.cisco.mse.common.util.JMXClient.objectInvoke(JMXClient.java:153)
        at com.cisco.mse.common.util.JMXClient.performOperationFromUserInput(JMX
        at com.cisco.mse.common.util.JMXClient.main(JMXClient.java:14)

I had a similar problem. I ran the command 'iptables -F' from the command line of my MSE. It seems the Linux firewall that is built-in was blocking port 443.

Ok chad, i'll try this and give the result :-)

Edit : This doesn't change the problem :(

I also tryied with the service Iptables stopped, still the same issue

jason.dauriat
Level 1
Level 1

I finally found a solution.

Downgrade the MSE version, install it and configure it. Add the MSE to Prime, test the connectivity between the 2.

Then, uninstall the older version and re-install the new one. Do the setup.sh and it will be OK.

Note : it preserves the licence key :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: