Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Web Auth Login Pages on WLC

iainskwatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We are running WLC's with software version 7.0.116.0. At the moment we have the internal web auth login page set with some customization serving a guest WLAN we have running. We now need to provide a different guest WLAN but that needs a different web auth login page with its own custom branding.

I can not seem to find any documentation on how to set this up and if it is even possible. I have been told it may be possible while using an external web server but I haven't found any information on how to configure the web server itself. There is documentation on the Cisco site on how to setup the WLC to point to an external server but that is where it ends.

I would really love some input on this as I am basically stuck on a project that I really need to get moving.

Thanks in advandce.

Iain

1 Reply 1

iainskwatt
Level 1
Level 1

Update,

I have found out how to have multiple Web Auth Pages so I have solved that part myself.

For anyone else that might have that question here is an excert from a configuration sample from the Cisco site:

Problem: After the controller is upgraded to 4.2.61.0, the "page cannot be displayed " error message appears when you use a downloaded web page for web authentication. This worked well prior to the upgrade. The default internal web page loads without any problem .

Solution: From the WLC version 4.2 and later a new feature is introduced wherein you can have multiple cutomized login pages for Web authentication.

In order to have the web page load properly, it is not sufficient to set the web-authentication type as customized globally in the Security > Web Auth > Web login page. It must also be configured on a particular WLAN . In order to do this, complete these steps:

1. Log into the GUI of the WLC.
  2. Click on the WLANs tab, and access the profile of the WLAN configured for Web-authentication.
  3. On the WLAN > Edit page, click the Security tab. Then, choose Layer 3.
  4. On this page, choose None as the Layer 3 Security.
  5. Check the Web Policy box, and choose the Authentication option.
  6. Check the Over-ride Global Config Enable box, choose Customized (Downloaded) as the Web Auth Type, and select the desired login page from theLogin Pagepull down menu. Click Apply.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card