Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS API

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're in a process of developping an application which will request the NCS API. So far, we can request the API with the 'root' user of the NCS, but we would like to give access to developpers using other credentials for security reasons... So I've created another user on the NCS, but I do not know which role I could give to this user to have access to the NCS API only.

Here is the web page we reach:

https://<NCS IP ADDR>/webacs/api/v1/

I've tested with the 'Mobility Services' check box (see attached image) but it did not work.

Does someone know which role is linked to the NCS API?

Many thanks for your help

Theophile

4 Replies 4

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Some news..

I've played a bit with all users, and it appears i can be connected to the webpage of the API only if my user is in the root or in the Admin group. So I putted my user in an User Defined Group, checked all the boxes in the Task permissions page, and tried again, with no luck

So I've exported to a text file all the task list of my own User Defined Group and the Admin group, and the only difference is:

NCS:task104=nbiAccessPrivilege

This value is present in the Admin group but not in my user's defined group. Is there an expert here knowing what '

nbiAccessPrivilege' means? I've searched on the internet but I'm not sure what it's related to.

Thanks!!!!

Seems that nbiAccessPrivilege is related to Northbound Interfaces Access Privilege

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Managing NCS Guest User Accounts

NCS guest user accounts are managed with the use of templates. This section describes how to manage NCS user accounts. It contains the following topics:

•Adding NCS Guest User Accounts (see the "Configuring a Guest User Template" section)

•Scheduling NCS Guest User Accounts

•Printing or E-mailing NCS Guest User Details

•Saving Guest Accounts on a Device

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.0/configuration/guide/manag.html#wp1223858

Hello Abhishek, thanks for your reply. Aee you sure a guest account can access to the API page of the Prime Infrastructure?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card