cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need info about Antenna gain settings

hassan_si
Level 1
Level 1

I could see that antenna gain setting under 802.11b/g ap showing 0 valu. However, the antenna connected to that AP is AIR-1728 which has 5.2dbi. Please let me know if it shows 0 then will I get the Maximum power ? or do we need to change ito some value to get the maximum of the antenna power.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
However, the antenna connected to that AP is AIR-1728 which has 5.2dbi.

So you need to enter the value of "10".

Thanks. Will it make difference if the value is 0 ?

yes. The value you place in that field tells the WLC how much gain the antenna has, so that it can take it into account for RRM

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks.One more clarification i need, if they value is 0 will it affect the users with respect to the signal coverage since the value is not 10.

Not really, with a value of 0 the WLC assumes a standard 2.2dBi of gain, IIRC.  Putting in the correct value for the antenna gain, allows the WLC to make better power settings.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card