cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No device package found for the specified device.

tommy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to backup my WLC (8500, with a HA, running AireOS 7.3.101.0) config to Cisco Prime Infrastrcture (1.3.0.20)

It fails and I cet this error i Prime:

No device package found for the specified device.

Any idea?

-Tommy-

7 Replies 7

steve sousa
Level 1
Level 1

i'm having the same issue. did you get it resolved?

thanks

steve

I also have this problem.

Hi guys,

Please take a look at wireless software compatability matrix

PI 1.3 is supported on AireOS 7.4.

tommy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My WLC now runs 7.4.110 and PI is 1.3.20 and the problem stil exist :-(

Tommy Nilsen wrote:

Hi

My WLC now runs 7.4.110 and PI is 1.3.20 and the problem stil exist :-(

I am also running the same. I still have the problem.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Please follow the same , for proper device definetions of your WLC in your PI .

Downloading Device Support and Product Updates

Device Package updates and software updates for major Prime  Infrastructure product releases are integrated into update bundles.  These bundles are available for download directly from Cisco.

To install update bundles for Prime Infrastructure:

Step 1 Depending on your connectivity, do one of the following:

If Prime Infrastructure has external connectivity:

Choose Administration > Software Update.

Click Check for Updates.

Enter your Cisco.com login credentials.

If Prime Infrastructure does not have external connectivity:

Go to Cisco.com/go/primeinfrastructure.

Under Support, select Download Software.

Choose Cisco Prime Infrastructure, then select the correct version of Prime Infrastructure.

From the page that appears, download the latest update file (with the extension .ubf).

Note Be  sure to download the software updates that match your Prime  Infrastructure version. For example, software updates for Release 1.1  can be installed only on Prime Infrastructure 1.1.

Choose Administration > Software Update.

Click Upload Update File and browse to locate the update bundles you downloaded.

The Software Updates table appears.

Table 3-2     Software Updates Table

Field
Description

Name

The names of software updates that have been downloaded from Cisco.com.

Published Date

Date at which the software was published to Cisco.com. The Software  Updates table always shows the published dates in chronological order  (oldest to most recent).

Requires Restart

If the update requires a restart, the value of this field is yes.

Pending Restart

If a restart is pending for the update to be complete, the value of this field is yes.

Installed

If the software is already installed, this field has a green check mark.  If the update bundle has not yet been installed, this field is blank.

Description

To see a detailed description of the software update bundle, select the  radio button to the right of the description. A dialog box appears,  showing the list of patches in that update bundle

Step 2 To install the software updates:

a. Choose the software updates you want to install, and click Install.

Note When  you choose an update, all the uninstalled updates published prior to  the update you have chosen are also auto-selected. In Prime  Infrastructure, it is mandatory to install software updates  incrementally, because older updates are sometimes prerequisites to more  recent updates. This behavior also occurs in uninstallation.

The installed software updates appear at the bottom of the table, with a check mark at the Installed column.

b. If the Pending Restart value is yes, restart Prime Infrastructure to complete the update.

c. To uninstall any software updates, select the updates and click Uninstall.

i've already installed the most up to date patch in Prime 1.3 but still doesn't help. Although by setting up a FTP server under Admin->background tasks->Scroll down to other Background Tasks->Controller Config Backup seems to work. which is my alternative to backing up the WLC config. BUT i havent tested a retore yet either to make sure its a completed backup of the WLC config.

Cisco Prime Network Control System

------------------------------------------

Version : 1.3.0.20

Patch: Cisco Prime Network Control System Version: Update.4.16

------------------------------------------

WLC ver:7.4.110

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card