cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No radio is installed in Aironet 1240

ldgilbert
Level 1
Level 1

I have 14 1240s in a new building on campus. They are all powered by 3560G PoE switches. They all broadcase the same SSID and run the same vlan. Recently they quit showing the vlan and SSID in the configuration. I can still connect to the network and get an IP address from dhcp for that subnet but if I try to add the vlan back into the configuration I get the message "a vlan can not be created if a radio is not installed". These are dual radio aps but I am only using g. Would someone have an Idea what might be going on?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  What IOS are you using?

2.  Have you tried to reboot the APs?

3.  Can you post the logs?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  What IOS are you using?

2.  Have you tried to reboot the APs?

3.  Can you post the logs?

This is the IOS and version. C1240-K9W7-M, Version 12.4(10b)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2). Last night, after posting this question I realized what the problem is. Cisco's new IOS version doesn't like Firefox and won't show data from parts of the configuration...particularly vlans and SSIDs. When I brought up the interface in Internet Exploder it worked fine. IE isn't my default browser and many of the older Cisco APs work fine in Friefox. I just forget when I want to access the 1240s or 1245s.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card