Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP 600 Series - Maximum User Count

b.gamble
Level 1
Level 1

Supported User Count

Only fifteen users are allowed to connect on the WLAN Controller  WLANs provided on the 600 series at any one time. A sixteenth user  cannot authenticate until one of the first clients de-authenticates or a  timeout occurred on the controller.

Note: This number is cumulative across the controller WLANs on the 600 series.

For example, if two controller WLANs are configured and there are  fifteen users on one of the WLANs, no users will be able to join the  other WLAN on the 600 series at that time. This limit does not apply to  the local private WLANs that the end user configures on the 600 series  designed for personal use and clients connected on these private WLANs  or on the wired ports do not affect these limits.

This is from the Configuration Guide for teh 600 series Office Extend AP. Is this count per AP or total per WLC? If I have 10 APs deployed to our remote users, can each AP support two simultaneous users? Would I need to use separate WLANs for each OEAP?

9 Replies 9

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That count should be per AP. The 600 is really designed for SOHO remote sites that don't have more than a few users.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I agree. That makes the most sense anyway. I'm piloting these APs for a customer, however, and need to be sure that's the case.

The APs support a total of 15 users across all WLANs (except the personall ssid) on each AP. They also support 4 wired clients per Remote LAN using port 4.

I've found the easiest way is to configure AP groups and allocate WLANs and RLANs to each group as required.

So the limit is 15 users per AP for "corporate" WLANs?

I'm creating an AP group that contains one corporate WLAN and one corporate Remote LAN and assignign that too all of my OEAPs. Assuming that number goes over 15, based on what you said, that configuration should still work, correct?

Thanks.

Yep. the limit is across all 'corporate' wlans on each individual AP and doesn't include the RLANs which are limited to four MAC addresses each. As the text in the original post explains: if you have two corporate wlans and there are 15 users on one SSID then no one can join the other one until someone disassociates.

It doesn't matter how many 600s you have, the limit is per AP (note, this doesn't apply to 1140 or 3500 APs in OE mode.)

I thought I would chime in ... Ive been running OE for a few months and it is based on AP not oveall WLAN.

NIce work Jason +5

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Great. Thanks.

Is there any limitation on MAC entries for local LAN ports or personal SSID clients ?

I  understand 15 clients max for Corporate SSIDs & 4 client max for Remote-LAN port.

Rasika

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

For More information on OEAP-600, please watch the "Community Tech-Talk Series" Cisco Office Extend Access Point OEAP-600

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless/blog/2012/02/24/cisco-office-extend-access-point-oeap-600

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager - Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card