Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP- Connection issues

Florian Brenner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´ve set up a single CTR-2504 with an OEAP600. Clients connected to the Office Extend have problems with their citrix-connections (break down from time to time). I´ve checked the logs on the controller which shows the following entries (full files attached):

msglogs:

*spamApTask3: Sep 03 05:53:51.544: %LWAPP-3-REBOOT_ERR2: capwap_ac_sm.c:2679 AP xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx joined to the controller currently experienced a reset earlier - Uptime: 4 days, 16 h 13 m 38 s. (Link Failure  )

*spamApTask3: Sep 03 05:53:51.498: %LWAPP-3-VALIDATE_ERR: spam_lrad.c:9746 Validation of AP_BAKIOS_VERSION_PAYLOAD failed - AP  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

*spamApTask3: Sep 03 05:53:51.498: %LWAPP-3-VALIDATE_ERR: spam_lrad.c:9746 Validation of SPAM_AP_LED_STATE_CONFIG_PAYLOAD failed - AP  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

*spamApTask3: Sep 03 05:53:51.498: %LWAPP-3-VALIDATE_ERR: spam_lrad.c:9746 Validation of SPAM_VENDOR_SPECIFIC_PAYLOAD failed - AP  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

*apfReceiveTask: Sep 03 05:53:51.447: %RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmChanUtils.c:289 RRM LOG: Airewave Director: Could not find valid channel lists for 802.11bg

*spamApTask1: Sep 03 05:53:21.892: %CAPWAP-3-ECHO_ERR: capwap_ac_sm.c:5656 Did not receive heartbeat reply; AP: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

snmplogs:

34 Mon Sep 3 05:53:52 2012 AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Cause=Unknown Reset Status:NA

35 Mon Sep 3 05:53:52 2012 AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Cause=Unknown Reset Status:NA

36 Mon Sep 3 05:53:51 2012 AP 'OEAP01', MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx disassociated previously due to Link Failure. Uptime: 4 days, 16 h 13 m 38 s . Last reset reason: .

37 Mon Sep 3 05:53:21 2012 AP Disassociated. Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

38 Mon Sep 3 05:53:21 2012 AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Cause=Heartbeat Timeout Status:NA

39 Mon Sep 3 05:53:21 2012 AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Cause=Heartbeat Timeout Status:NA

The WAN connection (ADSL) seems to be ok, we`ve tested another client with vpn connection and this is running well.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Florian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So you dont have your WLC setup with a LAG port?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So when you were doing your testing, you had a client connect throught the OfficeExtend and another client connect via VPN, in which the VPN client never experienced a drop in its citrix connection.

Did you enable persistent connection in citrix? This will allow the end connection to loose connectivity but still keep their session alive until they are able to connect again.

What code are you running in the wlc?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That´s correct, one client connect through OfficeExtend (Wireless, not RLAN) and the other via VPN and VPN never drops the citrix connection. WLC is on 7.2.110.0.

I have to check if persistent connection in citrix is enabled.

Parallel I´ll test another OEAP at another site to check if there`s the same problem.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do a little bit more testing as I have not run into any issues yet with connection problems with OEAP 600's. I run one at home but use the rlan port more.

-Scott

Sorry the late answer.

I've solved the problem by disconnecting the backup-port of the wlc and also delete the Backup-Port configuration on the Interface. After this the connection between the OEAP and the WLC is stable.

Regards, Florian

Thanks for the follow up! Better late than never:)

-Scott

Florian Brenner wrote:

Sorry the late answer.

I've solved the problem by disconnecting the backup-port of the wlc and also delete the Backup-Port configuration on the Interface. After this the connection between the OEAP and the WLC is stable.

Regards, Florian

What do you mean by the backup-port and Backup-port configuration. We are having a similar issue but im not really following what you did to resolve.

At the beginning I´ve connected the wlc with 2 ports with backup-port configuration (interface ->Port Number 1 / Backup Port 2). Finally I´ve disconnected the 2nd port and cleared the Backup-Configuration on the interface, so the wlc has now only 1 port connected.

So you dont have your WLC setup with a LAG port?

Correct, only Single-Port Connection without LAG

Was this a work around or does Office Extend not support LAGs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card