Views
Helpful
Replies

Office Extend and Guest WLAN Setup

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We're looking at deploying both office extend and also a guest wlan. Both would require a WLC in the DMZ.

My question is can one 5508 WLC be both a guest anchor and have office extend APs on it at the same time?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Welcome,

Yes, a 5508 in the DMZ can act as both a anchor and officeextends solution. Very good cost effective solution whereby allowing you to use 1 WLC to do 2 functions.

I hope this helps. If this answered your question please kindly support the rating system.

Thanks

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Welcome,

Yes, a 5508 in the DMZ can act as both a anchor and officeextends solution. Very good cost effective solution whereby allowing you to use 1 WLC to do 2 functions.

I hope this helps. If this answered your question please kindly support the rating system.

Thanks

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George, exactly the answer I was hoping for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: