Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor Wireless Mesh

With a controller-based 3802p, there are two internal 5 GHz radios.  Want to know if it is possible or if others have implemented the following:

1)  An internal 5 GHz radio be used for client access

a) can an administrator assign a specific 5 GHz channel?

2)  Other internal 5 GHz radio be used for backhaul

a) can an administrator assign another specific 5 GHz channel (unique channel not used by client 5 GHz)?

3) What external antennas have you utilized or recommend?

2 Replies 2

I believe to implement what I have posted here, that I would have to have the AIR-CAB002-DART-R connected to the SRA connector on the 3802p.  Then I could have two separate external 5 GHz antennas

My thoughts now are:

1) 3802e with internal antennas;

2) AIR-CAB003-DART-R to connect to Smart Antenna connector and, to connect 2nd antenna --> AIR-ANT5160NP-R.  This 2nd antenna will be 5 GHz backhaul link.

3) Question:  Since the AIR-ANT5160NP-R has 3 RP-TNC cables and the AIR-CAB002-DART-R has 4 RP-TNC connectors:

a) is there an available plug to connect/cover the unused connector on the AIR-CAB002-DART-R?

b) does an uncovered connector on the AIR-CAB002-DART-R introduce unwanted RF energy or provide a path for unwanted RF energy?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card