cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.0.2 Not showing registered APs

WLC: 8.2.10 (5520 in HA)

PI: 3.0.2

AP: 3702i (with Halo)

PI can see the WLC with the community strings but can not see the single AP that is currently registered? 

Licenses are applied to the WLC and to PI.

Thoughts?

8 Replies 8

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Just confirming you're looking under the Unified AP sub menu? Perhaps a stupid question but had to check.

The compability matrix mentions a CPI 3.0 Technology package may be required for WLCs running 8.2.100:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148422

Cheers,

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Hi Ric,

Yep checking the unified sub menu....when i go to 'add AP to floor plan' there are none to choose from.

Yep running the latest tech packs too (thought of that as well...)

Stumped!

Sounds like you know what you're looking for.. can you log a TAC Case or re-add the WLC perhaps? Maybe another WLC Synch?

Hey Ric,

Yea tried re-adding/syncing/rebooting the controllers/APs etc. no dice :)

So i logged a TAC case - issue....i installed all of the recommended patches and tech updates and device updates and all that other stuff in the wrong order (mis-read the list). And hence, this issue. ARGH.

There is ALWAYS something with PI that is annoying, if its not the upgrade process (version 1, 2 etc.) its the 'patching' of v3. 

That's frustrating! I had a similar issue with CPI 2.2 where I selected to install a patch presented to me as available in the GUI and then discovered I couldn't upgrade further without a full fresh install and migration to 3.0 as it was out of order.

So you have to do a fresh install now? 

Ric

yea mate full re-install....a few hours i will never get back but at least its all working now!

Divya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Warren,

Please check the WLC Audit status on the PI. If it is in "mismatch" state, redo the "audit now" and select "refresh the configuration from Controller".

Then check for the AP details on the PI. If you could see the AP details successfully and it is not listed down during the MAP -> Add APs then it is a different issue.

After performing this, if nothing changes. Please open a TAC case :)

Regards,

Divya

hey mate, look at the last reply. issue was due to patches and tech/device pack updates being installed in the wrong order.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card