Views
Helpful
Replies

PMKID caching debug

aronzvi12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know how to enable debug output at the console for PMKID caching on my Aironet 1260 AP. I'd like to see when an entry is added / removed from the cache

Thanks,

Aron

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Aron,

good question. However, I don't know the answer

with the command "show pmk-cache [All | ] You can list the PMKIDs for a client or all clietns.

But I am not sure if there is a debug command to show you the dynamic behavior of the list.

You have unified or autonomous AP by the way?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Aron:

The debug command "debug dot1x events enable" shows some PMKID creation information:

*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_0: Jan 19 08:43:55.106: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Adding BSSID 00:23:05:0e:2b:40 to PMKID cache for station xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_0: Jan 19 08:43:56.598: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Creating a PKC PMKID Cache entry for station

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (RSN 2)

However, I don't think that shows when a PMKID is deleted from the table.

Also, the command shows many other information besides the PMKID. and I know that is not what you exactly want. but this is the only debug command I could find that tells you about PMKIDs.

HTH

Amjad

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IOS AP supports only sticky and not opportunistic key caching.

Only expection is when WDS is used or no ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin