cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.1 - User add failed : Some unexpected internal error has occurred.

Michael Kozak
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up Prime Infrastructure to manage 2504 WLC, trying to add Lobby Ambassador and I get this error message:

User add failed : Some unexpected internal error has occurred. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.

Technically, this is my second attempt at setting up PI.  I set it up initially with the wrong version of PI and created a lobby ambassador.  I followed the instructions from the forum with a similar problem that said to remove the trap receiver on the WLC from my first attempt at installing PI.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11110686/failed-add-device-wcs-reason-common-1-some-unexpected-internal-error-has-occured 

I'm now able to add a Lobby Ambassador as long as its not the same username that I created on the previous PI setup.  So I suspect this Lobby Ambassador username is somewhere on the 2504 WLC, but I can't find it anywhere to remove it.

4 Replies 4

Filip Po
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem. At first I try a link you posted, but this workaround failed.

Second I did:

1. create user (add to lobby ambasador group)  and select only primary controller
  2. I successfully created user without any error message
  3. do whatever I need to reconfigure under that new created user

You never added the Lobby Ambassador to your second controller? 

no, your idea is not correct. As I wrote in my previous post, you can do anything (point No. 3).

I changed user to controller group and it simply works. 

I have fresh news, I had successfully login with lobby ambassador accout, & had create guest user.

ROBERT BROOKS
Level 1
Level 1

I have just been struggling with a similar issue on a fresh install of Prime 2.1  Upgraded to 2.1.1.

If I try to create the user with lobby ambassador role it just fails with "unexpected internal error".

I eventually found that by creating the user as a normal admin user first - the user is added.  You can then go in a remove the admin role and change the role to lobby ambassador.  This works with no internal error and the lobby admin user is working fine.

I would say it is just a bug.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card