cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure Additional Access Point Support

vancamt76
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased the following license: L-PI12-LF-100 to add 100 additional AP licenses to our current appliance. When I tried to apply the new license, I received the following error:

"Unable to add any license without an BASE license"

This system was upgraded from WCS to NCS to Prime Infrastructure and I had previously applied: L-WCS-NCS1-M-K9 and L-NCS-1.0-ADD-K9. I have contacted TAC, but I am not getting anywhere so I was hoping that maybe someone else has run into this problem and can provide a fix.

Here is the version information:

cisconcs# show ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.1.038
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: cisconcs

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Network Control System
------------------------------------------
Version : 1.3.0.20

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Due to a bug (CSCue51282) you will not be able to  add newly purchased Prime Infrastructure lifecycle or assurance licenses  until you first apply a Prime Infrastructure base license.

View solution in original post

Nice find Saurav.

You will not be able to add newly purchased Prime Infrastructure lifecycle or assurance licenses until you first apply a Prime Infrastructure 1.2 base license._ You can order the Prime Infrastructure 1.2 base license at no charge using regular ordering or the product upgrade tool if you have a valid service contract._ For regular ordering, order the top level part number R-PI12-K9 with base option R-PI12-BASE-K9._ When using the product upgrade tool order R-PI12-BASE-K9=.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Due to a bug (CSCue51282) you will not be able to  add newly purchased Prime Infrastructure lifecycle or assurance licenses  until you first apply a Prime Infrastructure base license.

Nice find Saurav.

You will not be able to add newly purchased Prime Infrastructure lifecycle or assurance licenses until you first apply a Prime Infrastructure 1.2 base license._ You can order the Prime Infrastructure 1.2 base license at no charge using regular ordering or the product upgrade tool if you have a valid service contract._ For regular ordering, order the top level part number R-PI12-K9 with base option R-PI12-BASE-K9._ When using the product upgrade tool order R-PI12-BASE-K9=.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thank you both for this information. I now have some direction in getting this resolved.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card