Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in connection with Small Bussines and Aironet 1702

Hi

I have the next topology:

Aironet 1702I (CAP)<-----------------cable-cat-5e-------------------> Patch-Panel <----------> Power-Injector<----------->switch small bussines SF548

and my aironet don't power onr the port, don't turn on the led of the port and the Cisco Aironet don't recognize the switch small bussines.

But when i connect directly the Aironet with the small bussines, the switch and the aironet recognize the connection.

Aironet 1720I  <-------------->power-injector<---------------------> switch small bussines SF548. 

For my experience, i know that small business have a problem with the autonegotation and this one possible cause for the mal function of the connection, but i change the configuration from auto to manual (speed 100 and duplex full) in both devices and also does not work (the port of the switch power up but the cisco aironet and siwtch don't recognize the connection ).

i guess that i have change another configuration, but i don;t know what configuration change on the switch or the AP.

Please helpme with this problem

Regards

1 Reply 1

Sebastian Pusta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonathan,

If it works when you connect the 1702i AP directly in the power-injector I don't think it's a configuration problem. I assume that in this case between the AP, pwr-inj and switch there are two short patch cables.

What is the distance between the patch pannel and the AP in the scenario when it does not work (when you have that cat5e cable between)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: