cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem setting Flexconnect Local Authentication

p-blalock
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever I try to enable Flexconnect Local Auth at the SSID level, I get the following "The following errors occurred while updating the WLAN: Flexconnect Local Authentication is not supported with Local Switch Central DHCP."  I do have local switching on the Flexconnect, but I do not have "Switch Central DHCP."  I then created a Flexconnect Group and enabled "Enable AP Local Authentication"and No Central DHCP, then palced the APs into that Flexconnect Group, but still seeing "%DOT1X-3-INVALID_REPLAY_CTR" in the WLC syslog while clients roam.

I have two questions:

Why can't I enable Flexconnect Local Auth per SSID?

How can I determine that Flexconnect Local Auth is actually enabled and working?

WLC version is 8.3.122.0 (multiple controllers 8510s and AIR-CT2504-K9S - happens on all them)

3 SSIDs, two in Flexconnect mode

APs receiving DHCP from local switch

Flexconnect clients receiving DHCP from same local switch

Clients for tunnel SSID receiving DHCP from central server

Stumped.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Best

Clients

1 Reply 1

p-blalock
Level 1
Level 1

Update:  I had to disable the SSID first, then had to disable FT for the SSID - didn't know that you can't do local auth and FT together.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: