Helpful
Replies

Problem with wireless phones CP 7921-G

Adrian Leon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi good day sorry.

I'm new to this, but it's a start.

I have a question for you. I am working as a network administrator IP phone, the company made ​​a firmware upgrade to CUCM version 8.5, the following versions was that wireless phones CP 7921-G are also updated the firmware to function better with CUCM 8.5, but since this happened,

maybe you hear better than previous versions,

but there is a lot of packet loss, the comuniacion not understood, users complain too much about the wireless phone system.

We could help with any suggestions on how to improve service.

Thanks for your attention

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

4.0.217.0 code? My freind this code is so old that its not supported, at last check. If you called TAC, I bet they would recommend you upgrade. This is YEARS old.

I would look at getting that code upgrade first. Just my 2 cents

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version did the phones get upgraded too?

Hopefully they are on 1.4(4)

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need to ensure the 792x phones are running 1.4(3) or later if connecdting to a 11n AP.

1.4(4) is recommended as Steve mentioned.

These system Information.

Entire network CAT 6

25 unit CP 7921-G System Load ID CP7921G-1.4.2.LOADS

25 unit Air-lap1121g-a-k9 IOS Version 12.3(11)JA3

Cisco 4400 series Wireless LAN Controler Model 4402 Version 4.0.217.0

Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 8.5.1.10000-26

4.0.217.0 code? My freind this code is so old that its not supported, at last check. If you called TAC, I bet they would recommend you upgrade. This is YEARS old.

I would look at getting that code upgrade first. Just my 2 cents

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

I wonder, what are the latest versions for WLC,

and which version is the one that will work best system?

where I can find a little more information

Thanks for your attention George

regards

See the guide that I posted a link to.

We currently recommend 7.2.110.0, 7.3.101.0 or 7.4.100.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

Yeah 4.0 is not a supported verison any longer.

Should at least be a minimum of 6.0.202.0 or 7.0.235.0, but the AP1120, which is 802.11b/g only, may not be supported in some of those later releases.

1.4(2) should work ok with the 1121 though.

But the WLC version is definitely in question.

Below is my 7921G Deployment Guide, which lists supported versions, APS, and other info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

i recall the 1120 is support past 4.0 code so long as it has a g radio. b only radios will not work. but you cant go back 7.0 code as these aps dont have enough memory.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first thing I would do is make sure your wireless network is designed to support voice. If it is not then we need to fix that first.

If it is designed properly then we need to look at code revs used on the wifi side and the phone side . If that checks out ..

I would then look at client debugs

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Adrian Leon
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your advice, I need more information to upgrade WLC which could advance without changing the AP

Take a peek at this link it shows code and aps supported

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_116_0.html#wp610751

This is up to 7.0.116.0 .. But this would be for all 7.0 code .. Your controller (4400) doesnt support ANY code past 7.0 code. You cant go to beyond 7.0 code ..

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please DO NOT us 7.0.116.0.
Use 7.0.235.0 or later instead.

Yup .. I only had the 7.0.116.0 link handy ;)

What about the lastest 7.0.24x ?

then my controller, if you accept the version 7.0.235.0?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card