Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Features of the Ap 1310

jcartes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My client work in a mine at 4500 mts height and he have operation problem with the this Access Point.

i wonder if the height has something to do with the problem?

thank you

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jcartes
Level 1
Level 1

It a single topology point to point and the espectre RF are clean. My question is focuded to the high altitude. When i check the data sheet of the AP did not see some mention about the electric funcion in hight altitude. Did your know about some project where cisco ap were installed at hight altitud ( 2000 to 5000 meters of altitude above sea level) ?

View solution in original post

I am not aware of any issues. Like I mentioned, I have seen Cisco Mesh installed at 15,000 feet above sea level with no problems.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

The altitude should not be an issue mean while the units have been mounted on the correct antenna height above any obstruction, that there is a clear line of sight between them, that the Fresnel zone is clear.

Also make sure that there are no heavy weather conditions like rain, snow, smog, winds since this could affect the link.

Check on this link for further details of the units.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/installation/guide/130h_c.html

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well... Can you define what the issue is? What has been done to troubleshoot the issue. Since it is a mine, has it worked before and if so, has the environment changed? We need more info in order to help you out. Is there someone out there who can troubleshoot?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is George's territory... I'm guessing he will eventually respond:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just like Scott said, we need to know what the problem is in order to tell if the AP height makes a different.

But I don't understand how a mine would be 4000 meters high? don't mines usually exist underground?
Are you using the AP as a bridge or for client access? Is it autonomous or lightweight?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Can you explain what your deisgn looks like.

What are you using the 1300 for ?

Is this a open pit or underground ?

As for height and wifi, doesnt matter much. Ive seen wifi work at 15,000 feet in Chile ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Remember that when working with the 1300 units and you are doing a point to point link we need to make sure that you have properly aligned the root to the non root unit.

Make sure that there is a clear line of sight between the units, that the units have been installed at the required antenna highest and have the required clear Fresnel zone.

Here is the link that shows how to set the units in install mode and be sure the alignment is correct.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/installation/guide/130h_c3.html#wp1056656

Here is the link for the outdoor range calculation tool where you can check the distance the units can cover, check the antenna height above any obstruction and required clear Fresnel zone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_tech_note09186a008009459b.shtml

Also check on

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_tech_note09186a0080508551.shtml

Finally if the distance between the units is lower then what the units can cover at full power which is set by default then you will need to lower the power levels on the unit since they could be creating to much RF interference between them due to the current power used and distance.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Great reply Fbar +5

Thx.

jcartes
Level 1
Level 1

It a single topology point to point and the espectre RF are clean. My question is focuded to the high altitude. When i check the data sheet of the AP did not see some mention about the electric funcion in hight altitude. Did your know about some project where cisco ap were installed at hight altitud ( 2000 to 5000 meters of altitude above sea level) ?

I am not aware of any issues. Like I mentioned, I have seen Cisco Mesh installed at 15,000 feet above sea level with no problems.

then there is no documentation about the height that support?

The altitude should not be an issue mean while the units have been mounted on the correct antenna height above any obstruction, that there is a clear line of sight between them, that the Fresnel zone is clear.

Also make sure that there are no heavy weather conditions like rain, snow, smog, winds since this could affect the link.

Check on this link for further details of the units.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/installation/guide/130h_c.html

jcartes
Level 1
Level 1

Ok thank you very much to all the answers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: