Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re configure Aironet 1130AG

Hi to everyone. Yesterday I made the

Using the MODE Button

Follow these steps to delete the current configuration and return all  access point settings to the factory defaults by using the MODE button:

1. Open the access point cover (refer to the "How to Open the Top Cover" section on page 2).

2. Disconnect power from the access point (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power).

3. Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

4. Continue pressing the MODE button until the Ethernet LED turns amber. (approximately 2 to 3 seconds). Then release the button.

5. After  the access point reboots, you must reconfigure it using the web browser  interface, the Telnet interface, or the access point console port.

And after that when made a connection trough the terminal I saw this menu:

AP7081.05b9.7576>?

Exec commands:

clear            Reset functions

crypto           Encryption related commands.

disable          Turn off privileged commands

enable           Turn on privileged commands

exit             Exit from the EXEC

help             Description of the interactive help system

led              LED functions

lock             Lock the terminal

login            Log in as a particular user

logout           Exit from the EXEC

name-connection  Name an existing network connection

ping             Send echo messages

release          Release a resource

renew            Renew a resource

save             Start to save raise_interrupt_level stack

set              Set system parameter (not config)

show             Show running system information

systat           Display information about terminal lines

terminal         Set terminal line parameters

traceroute       Trace route to destination

where            List active connections

AP7081.05b9.7576>

I tried to made the enable, but the AP ask me for a password. Not Cisco, Not admin....

I need to configure an IP address and the WLC connection. Any ideas?

Thanks!

17 Replies 17

I followed this steps

Using the MODE Button

Follow these steps to delete the current configuration and return all  access point settings to the factory defaults using the MODE button:

Step 1 Open the access point cover (refer to the "Opening the Access Point Cover" section).

Step 2 Disconnect power (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power) from the access point.

Step 3 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 4 Hold the MODE button until the Ethernet LED turns an amber color (approximately 2 to 3 seconds), and release the button.

Step 5 After  the access point reboots, you must reconfigure the access point by  using the Web browser interface, the Telnet interface, or Cisco IOS  commands.

Note The  access point is configured with the factory default values including  the IP address (set to receive an IP address using DHCP).

from this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1130/installation/guide/113h_c3.html#wp1036746

Theres no step that include an image.

Why I need an image to reset the configs and made a fresh start?

Right now I saw the AP on the controller, but I cant ping it or access de web console.

If you can see this AP on your WLC then you can override the credential of this AP by selecting the AP  & then Credential tab of that AP.

Then access the priviledge mode of your AP via console & see what IP it got & why you can't ping your WLC from AP.

HTH

Rasika

event3horizon
Level 1
Level 1

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I've inherited some of these units and have the same problem. The instructions DO NOT WORK!  The mode button does not reset the 'enable' password.  Also a cisco newb. No way that I have to upload a tftp file to reset this! Help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card