Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re configuring 1242AG Problems!

Hi ,

I've a number 1242AG APs that i want to reconfigure. These APs were in use before but i've reset to factory defaults on NCS.

When i console into the APs now, using independant power source, and try to paste in my config i get

"ERROR!!! Command is disabled."

I've looked on the web and and following some information from there i tried to get the AP to make contact with controller.

Where i would then change the default username and password. Put the AP into a differnet Vlans so it would lose contact with the controller.

Then issue a clear lwapp private-config where i would now be able to paste in my new config for the AP.

The thing is that my AP's don't make contact in the first place with the controller so i can't make the changes from it.

Any ideas how i can get to the stage where i will not longer get the "ERROR!!! Command is disabled." msg and re config my APs.

It's frustrating and I'm under a bit fo pressure to redeploy all 16 of them!

Thanks

3 Replies 3

David White
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

I'm moving this discussion to the Wireless space, as it does not appear to be releated to specific bug.  Those in the Wireless community should be better able to handle this.

Sincerely,

David.

Sorry David,

I thought I had posted it in the Wireless Community. Thanks for moving it to the appropriate place.

regards

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

It was in the "Bug Community".

However, when I moved it, for some reason it was moved to the Spanish version of the Wireless community, and I am unable to move it again to the English version.

Therefore, you may want to post the question again on the English side here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility

Sorry about that.

David.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card