Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy Port speed in wireless controller 8510

I have been trying to find a documentation from Cisco which contains information about the speed of the redundancy port in WLC 8510 but no luck.

I believe the speed of redundancy port is 1G but there is no specific information in data sheets or anywhere in Cisco website.

If you have such documentation or link, please share it with me as it is very important for me. I need to connect the redundancy port with media converter and I have to decide the speed of the media converter based on the speed of RP.

3 Replies 3

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

See this link for doco: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-6/configuration-guide/b_cg76/b_cg76_chapter_011010.html#ID136

The service port of the Cisco Wireless Controller 7510 and 8510 models is a one Gigabit Ethernet port. To verify the speed of service port, you must connect the service port to a Gigabit Ethernet port on the switch.

Note

The service port is not auto-sensing. You must use the correct straight-through or crossover Ethernet cable to communicate with the service port.

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Thanks Ric but service port is not the same as redundancy port (which called in 8510 as HA port).

Agh sorry! Completely misread that... Yes I would assume 1Gb as I have a couple of pairs setup using CAT6 directly to each other but not 100%. Maybe ask Cisco TAC?

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card