Views
Helpful
Replies

Refresh config from controller Prime 2.2

fabianwickman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question about a feature in Prime 2.2 Classic theme that I can't find in Converged theme.

The feature is Config -> controllers - > Refresh config from Controller -> use the configuration on the controller currently.

Does anyone know what the equivalent feature is in Converged Theme?

Thanks,

//Fabian

1 Reply 1

VHACHY442
Level 1
Level 1

I was having the same issue and found this in my research.

Refreshing Controllers After an Upgrade

The Controller Upgrade Settings page allows you to auto-refresh after a controller upgrade so that it automatically restores the configuration whenever there is a change in the controller image.

To perform an auto-refresh, follow these steps:

1. Choose Administration > System Settings.

2. From the left sidebar menu, choose Controller Upgrade Settings.

3. Select the Auto refresh After Upgrade check box to automatically restore the configuration whenever there is a change in the controller image.

4. Determine the action Prime Infrastructure takes when a save config trap is received. When this check box is selected, you can choose to retain or delete the extra configurations present on the device but not on Prime Infrastructure. The setting is applied to all controllers managed by Prime Infrastructure.

If you select the Auto Refresh on Save Config Trap check box in the Configure > Controllers > Properties > Settings page, it overrides this global setting.

It might take up to three minutes for the automatic refresh to occur.

5. Click Save.

Whenever Prime Infrastructure receives a save config trap, this check box is selected. When this check box is selected, it determines the action taken by Prime Infrastructure.

When this check box is enabled, the user can choose to retain or delete the extra configurations present on the device and not on Prime Infrastructure.

This setting is applied to all of the controllers managed by Prime Infrastructure. The setting in the Controllers > Properties page for processing the save config trap overrides this global setting.

When there is a change in the controller image, the configuration from the controller is automatically restored.

====================================

When you go to the Administration > System Settings page and select "Controller Upgrade Settings" you will see the following.  It seems you will have to select "Process save config trap enable"

Controller Upgrade Settings
 Process Save Config Trap Enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card