Views
Helpful
Replies

Regulatory domains

holzhirt1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I was having several countries configured on a pair of WLC's.

I know it is not optimal to have too much countries codes on the same WLC's, in order to reduce this I have a question :

I see that for instance regulatory domain "E" covers Belgium, France, Netherland, Switzerland etc...

Is it an issue to add for i.e. only Belgium (under the countries list) and put the AP under Belgium even if located physically in France ?

My attempt is to reduce the number of countries and I trying to understand if this is feasible or could conduct to other issues...

Thanks for your replies,

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't say it's not optimal since you are following regulations. Can you reduce the number of country codes, sure you can but you might also be breaking the regulation for that country.  I know that Cisco is looking at being able to add many country codes and the AP TX and Power will not be restricted to what all the country codes have in common. You would be able to add many different country code and the AP will be allowed to use all it channels and power levels for that country code. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't say it's not optimal since you are following regulations. Can you reduce the number of country codes, sure you can but you might also be breaking the regulation for that country.  I know that Cisco is looking at being able to add many country codes and the AP TX and Power will not be restricted to what all the country codes have in common. You would be able to add many different country code and the AP will be allowed to use all it channels and power levels for that country code. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Scott, 

Thanks for your reply, so technically it won't a problem, it is more legal issue in your opinion ?

Any ideas when Cisco could release this ? next 8.x version ?

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card