cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up a AIR-CAP2702E-E-K9

ChrisMartin2340
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a AIR-CAP2702E-E-K9 without a wireless LAN controller?  I have been offered a cheap second hand one and was thinking about using it at home.

6 Replies 6

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Yes, its possible, you have to make sure the AP is in autonomous mode, if not you have to change to autonomous and then configure it for your home wireless. just youtube on how to convert to autonomous mode and configure, you will find it easily.

-hope this helps-

Please note that you require a special image/operatingsystem if it's not yet in autonomous mode. That image requires a Cisco account and a Smartnet contract.

In fact 1700 and 2700 by default come pre-loaded with autonomous IOS and can be switched from the console using:
capwap ap autonomous
… then reload.
Once you've converted it you might want to update to a more recent version of IOS:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286256842/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JJ1

RR

I think the 2700 only came with an autonomous IOS if it was ordered that way, but I'm not 100% sure. The 1700 models though, they came with both images.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap1-overview.html
"Note When booting up a 1530, 1700, or a 2700 series AP for the first time, it will boot up with a unified mode software image. To deploy the AP in an autonomous network, use following command from the AP console or telnet to force AP to reboot using autonomous mode software image.
capwap ap autonomous
For more information on software images on the AP, see Working with Software Images."

Thanks for digging that up, I found the information only for the 1700 :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card