Share Windows 8 Printers 802.1X (WLAN)

cesarhenao
Level 1
Level 1

Regards,

I had some drawbacks to share printers on windows 8

Specifically it is:

I have the "a" shared printer on the computer "1"

When the user closes the session on the computer "1" users who are using the share lose access (which from my point of view is normal)

The question is this:

That strategy could use to continue sharing this resource even if the user closes session?

I have in mind 3 options

The first is to use advanced adapter properties and save the user login credentials.

The second is to authenticate the computer as such in the domain.

The third and least we be advisable (for cost) wireless print servers installed in each of the printers

Because if there is any other way to solve this and what would be the most convenient?

Waiting for your comments

Sincerely

2 Replies 2

We use the computer authentication mode to be sure that the client is a domain PC and managed by Us. And I see that he is connected without a login, so I would give that option a try in your case. U should be able to test that easy with a test ssid and corresponding radius setup....

Thanks sebastian precisely next week we will be doing some testing to thoroughly test stage

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card