cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silex SX-500

clyde.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I run a network for a hospital system.  we recently upgraded our wireless controllers at one of our hospitals to the 7.0 code.  Since then all of our GE EKG carts using a Silex SX-500 Wireless Serial Terminal Server to connect to our wireless network are not functioning.  I was wondering if anyone else in the healthcare environment has seen this issue?  Is there a fix for it.  When we take a cart to another of our hospitals running 6.0 code it works fine.

7 Replies 7

rob.drye
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue.  I'm guessing that you're running WEP.  We converted our GE carts to WPA/PSK which appears to fix the problem.  It looks like 7.0.98.0 may have an issue with pre-shared keys.  We also have about 75 Masimo Pulse-oxs with silex cards running WPA-PSK without any issues.  We still have an issue with some PCA pumps with embedded Digi cards running WPA-PSK.

Rob,

Are you broadcasting the SSID that the Silex Devices connect to? Also do you know what firmware release you are running on the Silex SX-500??

Thanks,

Kayle

We do broadcast the SSID. Silex code is TSSS-1.30 (2008.01.18).  The pumps with embedded adapters have D-Link USB adapters, not Digi.

We were running WPA-PSK before the upgrade.  We are running the same version of code as you are and even when we remove all the security settings opn the SSID it wont connect.  We did notice that the silex box behaves very oddly as far a channel and power settings are concerned.  I may have GE reset the silex box to default and reconfigure and see if that help.

Looks like there is abug in 7.0.  TAC is working on it.  Meanwhile it looks like back-revving to

6.0.199.4 is a viable option.

We had the same issue.  Check out this post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3195691#3195691

We downgraded to 6.0.199.4, but are getting bit by bugID CSCte90918 when we downgraded.  I got a hold of the engineering code for 7.0.98.205 and am testing it now.

Sorry wrong bugID CSCte89891

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card