cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spectrum Expert: AIR-AP2702i in SE mode shows channel usage much greater than card.

ecarbajo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, placed at the same point, the AP shows about 20% higher channel ocupation level than the PCMCIA card.
Has anyone seen this same behavior?

The attached image shows both results.

3 Replies 3

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4

not having anything to plug that old cognos card into, I can't say that I have.

I would expect the PCMCIA card to have a lower RF sensitivity level resulting in slightly different scaling of results.

The SAGE chips in the newer equipment would be more sensitive.  I wonder which of the 3 or 4 antennas it is linked to?

The old Cognos was singled streamed..

I have done some more tests.
- In  5 ghz band, the levels shown by the card and by the AP are more similar. In the attached image, the level on the card is shown on the left, and the AP on the right, when I generate traffic with iperf3 on an AP on channel 52.

- In AP 2702i, configuring only antenna A, deactivating B, C and D, then load level is reduced by 10%.

David, i use an ExpressCard to CardBus in order to use the card,  but I haven't found way to connect to a laptop with just USB ports...

lol
I use Metageek.net chanalyzer with the clean air license and what ever
rf device I care to use at the time.
My Thinkpad does not have any card slots..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: