We are using the version 3.2.163 of the Spectrum Expert on a shared laptop. I was able to see SSIDs under Active Devices and get display in SNR chart before. But recently for some reason, I can can't get SSIDs and only get interfering devices listed under Active Devices and got nothing deplayed in the SNR chart. I could not trace back what has been changed and double checked most of the settings, still not luck.
I appreciate any suggestions to get this fixed.
Humm, no comments from the experts?
Ok, I will give it a try.
I have SE 3.3.53 connected to a version 1 sensor card, loaded in a Compaq nw8440 laptop with an Intel 3945ABG nic.
Spectrum Expert Sensor card provides the Analog RF energy data. Only.
The 3945 provides the digital network information via the windows API (WZC in XP) (WLAN AutoConfig in Win7).
Various windows patches and updates have interfeered with the ability of third-party applications to intercept or latch-on-to the data from the wnic.
SE no longer hears my 3945. However, I plugin a Cisco/Linksys AE2500 usb unit and presto Active Device data appears.
Interesting feature is that when I remove the USB wnic, the data link established attaches to the onboard wnic data stream.
On my XP desktop I use SE 4.1.11 for SE Remote.
The digital link is also broken, with everything I try. But then you don't want/need Active Device data from your house when your remoting to a distant shop.
I don't understand why the 3502/3602's can pass digital info right along with the analog data.
So in your case maybe installing another wnic might help with your issue.
Thanks for reply. I have tried different sensor, reinstalled the program, and reinstalled an upgraded version, still same thing: can't detect wireless SSID and SNR diagram does not plot. However, if I replay old captured data, SNR diagram works fine. It seems like some configure problem prevent the analyzer capture SSID and generate corresponding SNR diagram.