Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Split Tunneling in OEAP600

I want to enable this feature in OEAP600 series APs. I did the following since it is only supported in 7.5 for 600 series.

1. Upgraded WLC to 7.5.102.0

2. Under Wireless -> Global Configuration -> Unticked "Disable Split Tunnel (Printer)" as it is checked by default

3. Under WLAN -> Advanced -> OEAP Split Tunneling(Printers) ->Enabled.

Question I have is how do I configure Split Tunnel ACL for those home users ? Do I need to know what are their home local networks are  or Once I enable this feature will it automatically create these split tunnel ACLs ?

Appreciate any help

Regards

Rasika

5 Replies 5

It seems  I am alone here.. no responses yet.

I cannot see a way to apply a Flex Connect ACL/Split Tunnel ACL to 600 Series AP. Has anyone tested this feature on OEAP600 series ?

Does Cisco testing these fetures before releasing software code to public ? Below release note for 7.5.102.0 clearly states it is available for 600 series AP. But have they tested it ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn75.html

Rasika

Finally went to TAC on this & here is the outcome of 600 Series Split Tunneling issue.

1. You have to connect your local device directly to one of OEAP port 1-3.

2. You do not have to configure Split Tunnel ACLs.

2. In this way you can reach your local device connect to OEAP port 1-3 while you are connecting to corporate SSID.

4. BUT this will BREAK rest of your local devices (normally connect to your home internet router ethernet ports) communicating back to OEAP port 1-3 connected devices as those will be in two seperate LAN networks.

If you are using any other AP models (1040,1142, 1260, 3500, etc) as OEAP, then there is no issue as you can apply Split Tunnel ACL to these model AP (It is my expected outcome, but 600 series is not give that). In this case your printers & any other local devices can be on your own home network, still you can reach it while you are connecting to corporate SSID. No two different LAN networks at your home in this scenario.

HTH

Rasika

After all now I have much better understanding how Split Tunnel working in OEAP600 & FlexConnect as OEAP. Here how I configure it in these AP models

1. Split Tunneling in FlexConnect as OEAP

http://mrncciew.com/2013/09/09/split-tunneling-with-flexconnect/

2. Split Tunneling in OEAP600 series

http://mrncciew.com/2013/09/10/split-tunneling-in-oeap600/

Hope this helps to anyone who is implementing this feature in their environment

Rasika

Thank you very much for this information.  We are testing this now and reading your post beforehand helps eliminate a lot of guess work.  Much appreciated!

Lee

Hi Lee

Glad to see those post helps you.

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: