Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID with only 7925G

nabil.netapp
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all -

We created a voice SSID and I only want to permit the 7925G phones to associate , any tricks besides using mac filtering?

Thank you,

Nabil

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use RADIUS/TACACS.

Hello Leo -

Can you elabote more on your suggestion?

Thanks.

We have ACS and CUCM.  We configured accounts for each phones and made sure only one login is allowed per account. We made sure in the network side that we have a VoIP VLAN on the wireless.

I like your idea, but I am concerned about the long term administrative headache

We currently use PSK and restricted ACL on the voice VLAN, I guess I have to evaluate the additional steps in the process.

Can you share with me the process of activating a phone in your environment, we're new to this and trying to establish a well thought steps for our operations team.

Thank you.

Trying to "tie" down using MAC address is going to be administratively heavy because if you need to RMA, some poor soul will have to change the ACL ... if the documentations are not accurate then trying to find which MAC address needs to be removed is going to be a pain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card