cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO enabled - ping all interfaces but no GUI

aevans
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled HA SSO but have lost connectivity via the web GUI.

I can ping all interfaces and HA is successful.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The rule of thumb is that if you connect the service port to the network, the service port and management interface can't have connectivity between the two. This will affect your ability to use the GUI after a while. The service port is for out of band management and is typically not connected to the network or if it is, then it's connected to a layer 2 only subnet. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

aevans
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed the issue!

What was stopping it from working seemed to be the network routes I had configured for the SP ports. Once I removed these I was able to get access.

The down side of this is I now have no access from the SP ports! It seems you can have one or the other, If anybody knows how to get around this please let me know

The rule of thumb is that if you connect the service port to the network, the service port and management interface can't have connectivity between the two. This will affect your ability to use the GUI after a while. The service port is for out of band management and is typically not connected to the network or if it is, then it's connected to a layer 2 only subnet. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card