cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

suface pro 4 slow wireless and drop outs

JounoAlwis1
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone noticing any wireless  issues with new Surface pro 4s?

I only get one or two bars on these out of the boxes when siting next to another laptop with full set of bars and about 10 meters away from the AP.even no luck after updating the windows 10 as well.

The ssid connected is secured with wpa2 and AES and the issue doesn't seem to exist when connected to an AP with PSK

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a known issue.  Read THIS.

Well we are having the exact issue and the way we've got around it for now was enabling FIPS mode (I've read when you enable FIPS on widows,OS does the encryption rather than Network driver)

From Leo's link below it seems to be related to the Marvell driver that they use.I might give it a try myself as well

By the way I heard from Microsoft to say that they are working hard on our case which was logged previous week,this might be handy for them :-) 

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

JounoAlwis1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for both the suggestions,tried enabling FIPS as I don't have access to edit the registry at this stage and seems to be behaving well so far.I'll come back and update the thread when i get to test the regedit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: