Views
Helpful
Replies

Swicthing from SSID to another trouble

elblanco_fr
Level 1
Level 1

I have an old trouble :

on my wlc4400 when i want to move from one SSID (PEAP for eg) to another (Guest Open for eg) i have to :
- disconnect from the 1st SSID (no trouble at this stage)
- try to connect to the 2nd SSID ... cancel it (or wait for a long time it will stop)
- try to connect another time to the 2nd SSID .. and now it works

We are using windows client. The trouble is the same with all the cients.

Any idea ?

I'm setting up a new 5500 (Software Version 6.0.188.0 ) and i have a similar trouble (but more important

i wan't to move from the entreprise SSID (PEAP)  to Guest (Open) i have to :
- disconnect from the entreprise SSID (no trouble at this stage)
- try to connect to the Guest SSID ... cancel it (or wait for a long time it will stop)
- try to connect to the Guest SSID ... -> DHCP assignement waiting ... and fail
- try to connect to the Guest SSID .. and now it works

i wan't to move from Guest (Open) to the entreprise SSID (PEAP)  i have to :
- disconnect from Guest SSID (no trouble at this stage)
- try to connect to the entreprise SSID ... cancel it (or wait for a long time it will stop)
- try to connect to the entreprise SSID ... -> Sometimes it works ... sometimes the client display "not connected" very quickly
- try to connect to the entreprise SSID .. and now it works

Any idea ?

Thanks

Philippe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure you have Fast SSID change enabled.  The default is disabled and will cause the behavoir you are describing.  It basically puts the client into a holddown if they try to bounce between SSIDs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure you have Fast SSID change enabled.  The default is disabled and will cause the behavoir you are describing.  It basically puts the client into a holddown if they try to bounce between SSIDs.

Thanks it's realy better

Philippe,

Just wondering something when you enabled fast ssid change. Are you guest and PEAP ssid's connected to separate virtual interfaces on the wlc, so guest=10.10.10.x and peap=20.20.20.x?

If so, can you tell me if you connect to guest and switch over to peap ssid if you keep the ip from the guest Ssid?

I noticed this in our environment and disabled it for time being as we have different access lists for the 2 networks

Regards

Craig

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes the Guest and the PEAP SSID's Interface are connected to separate virtual interfaces.

i don't have the same behavior yo have. The IP address change when i switch from Guest to PEAP.

The DHCP server is external (Windows) and his address is defined on the interfaces.

LAG is enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: