cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching access point to Autonomous

bkesting
Level 1
Level 1

I have a AIR-SAP2602IA-K9 access point that is loaded with 15.3(3) JBB (ap3g2-k9w8-mx.153-3.JBB).  I have ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JC copied into flash (15.3.3-JC) but cannot seem to get it to load.

In ROMMON, I set the BOOT variable to flash:/ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JC and then reboot the AP, but I get an error that the AP cannot find the file or directory.  Is there a specific file inside the ap3g2-k9w7-mx-1513-3.JC directory that I need to specify in my boot parameters?  Or what are the exact steps to get this AP to boot this new IOS image?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JC copied into flash (15.3.3-JC) but cannot seem to get it to load.

Make sense.  To convert the AP to autonomous, I'd recommend you download the TAR file from the Cisco website and use the command:  archive download-sw tftp://<TFTP IP address>/filename.tar

On my AP archive is an "unrecognized command"

I did a tar -xtract command to get the file from my tftp server onto the AP in the first place

On my AP archive is an "unrecognized command"

I did a tar -xtract command to get the file from my tftp server onto the AP in the first place

In that case, issue the command "debug capwap console cli" first and then run the command again. 

An easier method is to use the "Mode" button:  Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

I must have had a typo when I set the BOOT variable.....I retraced my steps and now it seems to be working properly.

Thanks for your help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card