Views
Helpful
Replies

tftp Server Error

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i need some help about tftp server. i m trying to change 1552e ios to autonomous. i m using "archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp://10.0.0.2/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar" and i m taking an error like below :

%Error opening tftp://10.0.0.2/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar (Timed out)

Download image failed, notify controller!!! From:7.4.1.37 to 0.0.0.0, FailureCode:15

31 Replies 31

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Timed out means that the device/appliance can't reach the TFTP server.  This is most likely caused by the presence of a firewall or the IP address isn't reachable, or routing issues.

thanks for your reply,

ap ping to tftp server and tftp port (69) ready to connections on the server. all the firewalls disabled and av not installed on the tftp server. its look like something else.

APf029.29c2.9a00#$/reload tftp://10.0.0.2/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar

examining image...

Translating "CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER"...domain server (255.255.255.255)

*Mar  1 00:16:24.743: %MESH-3-TIMER_EXPIRED: Mesh Lwapp join timer expired

*Mar  1 00:16:24.743: %MESH-3-TIMER_EXPIRED: Mesh Lwapp join failed expired

*Mar  1 00:16:24.743: %MESH-6-LINK_UPDOWN: Mesh station f029.29c2.9a1c link Down

*Mar  1 00:16:32.839: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Could Not resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER

Translating "CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER"...domain server (255.255.255.255)

*Mar  1 00:16:51.839: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Could Not resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER

Download image failed, notify controller!!! From:7.4.1.37 to 0.0.0.0, FailureCode:15

archive download: takes 38 seconds

I was able to resolve this issue...

Unified to Autonomous Conversion

By default the AP 1532 is set to unified mode. Before the 1532 access point joins a WLC, it can be changed to aIOS mode by issuing:
AP#capwap ap autonomous
Convert to Autonomous image. Proceed? (yes/[no]):

I tried to use the command AP# "capwap ap autonomous" on the AP1262N and got the message "Command not supported on this platform".

Is there another way of converting the AP1262N to autonomous mode?

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

anyone has any idea?!!! i need help about the freak problem...

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

i installed wireshark for looking port requests. when i ping to tftp server from 1552e its receving icmp request but when i try to run : "archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp://10.0.0.2/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar" nothing happend. can anyone has any idea why? please i need help asap...

Another reason is because your directory tree on your tftp may not be pointing to the file directory ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

thanks george but i dont understand. What are you meaning?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Error says it can't find the code. While you tested ping and you believe it's not a networking issue. It sounds like your tftp client is pointing to the directory where the code lives ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

ok i see but i checked and download the image from the tftp server at another pc. It s working. It s seem like 1552 tftp client not working. We have 50 1552e and i need the resolve problem.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

i tried to ftp and scp also same error here... timeout... what the hell is it!!! i want to take gasoline and burn the fucking aps....

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

any chance problem below log? couse when the ap creating this log tftp server cutting to ping. its happening every 1 min. if its the problem how can i disable ap' s looking control or how can i expend the search interval?

%MESH-6-LINK_UPDOWN:

You now have TWO error messages.

The first line is showing the AP still can't reach the TFTP server.  Verify in the logs of your TFTP server if there are any indications that it has received the file transfer REQUEST from the AP.  If there are no request from the IP address of the AP then you've still got something going on.

The next line means that the AP cannot find the file or, as what George has stated, the file is not in the folder where the TFTP server is pointing to.

I have the same issue as seen here.

The first Error message "Timeout" is misleading. When I monitored the TFTP server logs I could see the AP actually reached the TFTP server. In fact, the server open the data transfer window ready with the packet transfer counter.

I do not believe reaching the server is the issue here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card