Helpful
Replies

Unable to add Guest User accounts in to WCS

s-santhosh
Level 1
Level 1

While adding guest user account following errors are being generating

Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Error:Unknown Exception Occured. If the problem persists please send the logs to the Tech Support

Cisco release note says it is a bug but we used to have same process since years nothing has changed in WCS all of sudden this has started occuring.

Does anybody know back ground of this issue?

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies 7

David Watkins
Level 4
Level 4

Are you referring to this bug noted in 5.0.56.0 release notes...

CSCsj96574—When adding guest user accounts using a CSV file, you may receive an unknown exception error from the import operation

What version of WCS are you using?  How are you attempting to add the guest users; via CSV file like noted in this bug or manually?

Hi David, Thank you for your response.

I am trying to add the user manually in WCS.

WCS version: Wireless Control System Version 5.0.56.2

WLC 4400 series with 5.0.148.2

You might want to just contact Cisco TAC unless someone else has some insight.  I understand that this has "worked" in the past but please note that WCS must be running at least 5.0.72.0 for true "support" of a WLC running 5.0.148.2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp99531

Generally in a scenario like this most things will "work" but TAC would probably ask you to update to a "compatible/supported" version of WCS before supporting you on this issue.  I would suggest upgrading your WCS to a compatible version and verifying whether or not the problem still exists.  If so, Contact Cisco TAC.

Thanks David, I will check WCS upgrade paths for my present version.

I tried to add user account manually this time by choosing Controller List option, I see only 1 WLC successfully add user account where as others are failing. For others WCS also says SNMP operation failed.

IP Address       Controller Name  Operation Status  Reason 

10.11.26.1        WLC-03              Failure SNMP operation to Device failed: Attempt to set conflicting attribute value 

10.11.25.70      WLC-01              Success -

10.11.25.71      WLC-02              Failure SNMP operation to Device failed: Attempt to set conflicting attribute value 

I have checked WLCs snmp strings they are same as is. What else could be the reason?

Thanks in Advance.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try to remove the WLC and add it back. See if it fails when trying to add. I have seen this if you setup WCS and change the default WCS communication credentials.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott,

I guess WLAN service does not affect while removing and adding WLC in WCS.

Is there any special consideration to be taken for removing and adding WLCs?

I don't know if will help you now, but I got the same error and I solved unchecking the box that said: Make this Disclaimer default, on the add user screen.

Fernando.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card