cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to download autonomous w7 image. How to force AP803 into rommon (ap:) prompt?

pingduck
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router that has an integrated AP. It is running an Lightweight image (w8). I want to switch to autonomous (w7) but there is no w7 image in the flash. I found some instruction about enabling the CLI and use "archive download-sw". But for some reasons, while I can ping, none of the TCP/UDP copies (tried copy http / copy tftp) made it out (I have disabled firewall). I have tried telnet and it did not reach any server that I can ping from the AP and I know that server accepts TCP connection.

I still have not figure out a way to recover. Now I want to try to force the AP into rommon prompt ("ap:"). But breaking during boot only getting me to an "ath>" prompt. I don't know what that prompt is but it is not taking the rommon command such as downloading the w7 image. 

What can I do?

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can access the "AP-console" from the router console

look at this document for info how to get access to the AP/ load image/ switch from autonomous to lightweight/ etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card