Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to generate heatmap on WCS

Abinaya R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WCS server running the version 6.0.170.0. I have already added few WLCs running the version 7.0  to this WCS. It is working fine. And now I have added two new controllers running the version 7.0.98.0 to the existing WCS server. When i add the floor layouts to the WCS and position the access points from the new controllers, the heat map is not generated automatically. Please let me know what could be the possible reasons for this?

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your WCS should ALWAYS be higher then your WLC code... ALWAYS... I could suggest upgrading WCS. If you call TAC, the first thing they will say is upgrade it ... I know ... I had a similar issue recently.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Abinaya,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by George is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: