Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Join AP to WLC

giridar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Recently we bought a 5520-K9 WLC and AP2802I-E-K9 APs, DHCP is configured on the Switch and AP is getting IP

but unable to ping or it is not discovered

please advise 

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure that the current software version installed on the WLC is compatible with the AP-type (google on cisco wireless compatibility matrix).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

thank you

current software version is 8.3.143.0

and compatible version is 8.2.110.0

do I have downgrade 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the following commands:
1. WLC: sh sysinfo;
2. WLC: sh time;
3. AP: sh version; and
4. AP: sh ip interface brief

Hi Leo,

thank you, unfortunately I cannot share the details

sorry 

Cool.
Raise a TAC Case.

varma10
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you have route reach ability from AP to WLC. Try to ping the WLC from the same subnet on the switch where AP is connected. 

If you have network reachability and still cannot join WLC, please post show ap join stats to look into it. 

Unable to ping what?  Does the device get a gateway ip address?  

If does and still does not ping on the network, you did some wrong configuration. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Check your license count on the WLC.

Anjana A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please check the access point connected switch port have the right vlan configuration to reach the wlc.

Once after connecting the access point on the switch, please take the console of the Ap and check whether the access point getting IP address or not.

check the wlc reach ability from the AP end.

Regards,

Anjana

thanks to all, sorry could not reply on time I was tied up with work

Hi All,

Managed to find out the issue the 2800 series are pre-loaded with MObility Express images so it needs to be converter CAPWAP in order to join them with a WLC

just wanted to share so it might help someone 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card