Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating two 4402 WLCs need advise

Hi,

Currenty have (2) - AIR-WLC4402-12-K9 with Software Version: 5.2.193.0 running with (12) - AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 Software: 5.2.193.0 IOS: 12.4(18a)JA2. I have couple question hoping you guys could help me out with them.

1. Under Cisco download cisco page I have two options: Early Deployment(ED) or Maintenance Deployment(MD) -  Which one would be safer and which version would you suggest to  install?
  2. When I upgrade Software on WLCs do I need to do anything with LWAPs or they will redownload new image from the controller?
  3. If the LWAPs get new image from WLC that basically updates their IOS?. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  4. Can I jump from Software Version 5.x to 7.x right away OR do I need to do multiple updates?
  5. I'm also running WCS Version: 6.0.132.0 and ACS Version : 5.0.0.21. Will any of these will need to be updated as well? If yes how do I know which versions works well with each other?

Thank you in advance.

20 Replies 20

no  no not to readd.

I was just mentioned if you are adding new WLC.

****Normally cisco says that you must have higher or equal version for WCS in comparision to WLC but in my scenario i have 7.4 version WLC and that is added to WCS so dont worry about this but still keep this thing in mind.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

If you have a valid smartnet on your WCS, you can upgrade to PI 1.4 for free.... something you might want to look at, of courses PI runs in a VM environment.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Not an option in this scenario. But good to know.

Keep it in mind since the WCS is endo fo support.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Scott,

Just found out that the client actually do have SmartNet.Now I'm wondering if I should go for prime instead.

YES!!! they need to have a VM environment though. If they have that (ESXi) your good to go. Just make sure you look at the requirements for the ova you choose.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card