cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading code on WiSM and anchors

Joe Clark
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 WiSM's in 2 different data centers and a 4402 and 5508 anchor in the main data center.

Data Center A:

WiSM

Data Center B:

WiSM

I need to update all controllers to 7.0.240.0.  Is there a way to do this without an outage on the WiSMs?

We have AP failover set up, but is there an easy way to force all AP's to one controller so I can upgrade the other, and then force back so the AP's will only upgrade code once?

Or is it best to do them both at the same time and pre-download the image to the AP's?

We do not have redundancy for the anchors, so there will be an outage for those.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would just use image pre-download.

otherwise you would need to set the primary on the AP's.  if you want to do that, I'd use a WCS template so you can revert easily

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I did the pre-download and set them to boot after business hours.

Thanks for the advice.

Be very aware that doing the predownload and cause and will often cause the aps to drop from the wlc ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Didn't seem to have an issue today.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card