cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USBFLASH in AIRONET 800 SERIES (router C887VA-W-E-K9)

Sebastian Sajak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

In the Autonomous Access Point CLI I want to do a backup the network configuration on the USBFLASH: drive using the command 'archive" same as on the router CLI but unfortunately USBFLASH: is not visible in CLI of the AP. Does anyone of you is able give me some hints why the USB memory is not visible in the IOS AP?

I will be grateful

My current config is in attachment

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does anyone of you is able give me some hints why the USB memory is not visible in the IOS AP?

Because the USB port of the 860/880/890 router is part of the router.  The AP is just an "extension" that communicates with the router via a "psuedo connection".  If you want to save the config of the AP, it's best to save it on a TFTP server.  Use the command "sh run | redirect tftp://<TFTP IP address>/filename.txt".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco IOS only recognizes the FAT file system. Please issue

router# format?

flash:

usbflash0:

router# format usbflash:

[YES]

Format complete

router#dir usbflash:

I know about it :) has been formatted to Fat32 and is not visible in ap cli...:(

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does anyone of you is able give me some hints why the USB memory is not visible in the IOS AP?

Because the USB port of the 860/880/890 router is part of the router.  The AP is just an "extension" that communicates with the router via a "psuedo connection".  If you want to save the config of the AP, it's best to save it on a TFTP server.  Use the command "sh run | redirect tftp://<TFTP IP address>/filename.txt".

Sebastian Sajak
Level 1
Level 1

you are right :) thank you for your prompt and specific response and for the reminder of the 'pseudo connection' router - ap :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card