cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice Wlan issue

coskun sanli
Level 1
Level 1

we have cisco 5520 wireless controller and 2 different aps : AP1852E and AP1810W 

device version is 8.2.151.0 .

we have voice ssid  in the campus network

dect phones connected to voice ssid work properly inside the building without any delay or data loss during phone conversations

however , one of the floors in the building is surrounded with glass and the connection fails or conversation failures occur  when the user is on this floor

what can be the reason behind this situation

5 Replies 5

I would suggest first check the RF coverage in that floor. I would check what power level those AP operate as well.(assume you doing voice in 5GHz band)

If coverage is good, and failures are reproducible then do a "debug client <mac_addr>" output for one client while this issue is happening. That will give us some indication for client failure

HTH

Rasika

*** pls rate all useful responses ***

Hello 

dect telephone use 802.11bg  i guest 2.4Ghz 

when we change 802.11a /802.11an telephone connect to ssid low signal 

debug file attached post  if you want see 

can't see debug file is attached. Pls check

If it is on 2.4GHz, it could be challenging to run voice services, unless you environment is very clean on 2.4GHz band.

Rasika

when the dect telephone use 802.11a /802.11an  signal is very low

is it normal ?  and a lots of disconnect

thank you for your advice

I would check what power level AP operates & see you get  proper coverage in 5GHz. 

"show client detail <client_mac_addr>" output should provide some valuable information about RSSI,SNR to see if client get good signal.

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: