Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC DHCP problem

I have a problem my Wireless clients are getting put on the same IP range as the AP so I can't separate the guest network from the corp network Has anyone had this issue who could shine some light on would be very great full

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You should probably expand , you basic knowledge about wireless guest networks being setup for wireless users. Basically you need to couple the SSID for the guest users to a separate network (usually a VLAN), besides the corporate network. This network should then be 'served' by a DHCP server solution. It's preferable to use a DHCP server outside the vWLC.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

very sorry I was probably not clear what the issue is I have got a dhcp server win 2016 dishing out IP I have my AP on VLAN 14 and my corp network on VLAN2 I have created a interface on vWLC that is on the VLAN 2 and have set it as interface for corp Network however when clients join they get a IP address on the VLAN14 

- You still don't mention , then, what the configuration is for the guest network in your reply. Anyway if properly setup  , from the command line on the controller issue show wlan id , where id corresponds to the particular ssid  for the wlan. Look for the lines containing the DHCP server setup. Make sure the external DHCP server is listed. If not check the configuration for the guest-SSID in the controller web-interface, look for the 'DHCP required option'. Toggle it on or off to get the desired result.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

very sorry I was probably not clear what the issue is I have got a dhcp server win 2016 dishing out IP I have my AP on VLAN 14 and my corp network on VLAN2 I have created a interface on vWLC that is on the VLAN 2 and have set it as interface for corp Network however when clients join they get a IP address on the VLAN14 

wrainwater
Level 1
Level 1

Create a seperate network via vlan like someone suggested earlier. Then either use an anchor controller (Only needed if your company has a large environment and deep pockets) or seperate your guests at the firewall level. If you wanna take it to the next level configure a VRF on your core for complete isolation. 

And get rid of that vWLC lol j/k. I've heard they are pretty buggy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card