Views
Helpful
Replies

VX Clinical Cart Wireless Configuration

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i'm looking for documentation on how to configure the Wireless AP that comes with the Clinical Assistant cart as an option. Been looking everywhere to no avail. I understand that's an stand-alone AP but how do I connect this AP to the customer's LWAPP based WLAN? Will certainly appreaciate any help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct all the way to the "Codec ethernet port connects directly to the 1140 ethernet port?". If im following you correctly, the cart connects directly to the ethernet port of the cart, yes.

We then added extra security and did a MAC filter ACL on the AP so ONLY the cart mac address can connect to the AP. If someone steals the AP, they cant plug in their laptop to the ethernet port of the AP and gain access to the network.

Make sense?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your looking a using an autonomous AP to connect to a CUWN network, you need to look into WGB. Here is a doc that can help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080905cea.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott,

Taking a better look at the scarce available documentation, it looks like that the AP that comes with these carts is actually a Lighweight one. What I'm not sure now is that once I join the AP to the WLC, how the Video Codec will join the WLAN since this codec (SX20) don't have a wireless client. Any experience with these Clinical carts?

Thanks

Hello,

We have a few of these. I configured a 1142 as a WGB using EAP-FAST. Its connected to our CUWN on code 7.0.240.x. No issues. Make sure you have a soild voice dessign. Other wise the video will be crap. Not sure I follow on the codec. You should connect this to your priority WLAN (voice) and use proper QoS on the WLAN. I still have QoS on the client to work out. I dont know if the client is marking or if i need to get fancy with the policy map.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Hi George,

Thanks for the info. It is the first time I'm configuring one of those carts and was trying to figure out how the video codec would connect to the WLAN since it does not have a wlan client. But I think I'm getting the picture now.

You used the 1140 that comes with the Clinical Cart as an option, right?

The 1140 is an Autonomous AP that you configured as a WGB and connected to the CUWN, correct?

And, this the part I'm not too clear, then the Codec ethernet port connects directly to the 1140 ethernet port?

Thanks again

Correct all the way to the "Codec ethernet port connects directly to the 1140 ethernet port?". If im following you correctly, the cart connects directly to the ethernet port of the cart, yes.

We then added extra security and did a MAC filter ACL on the AP so ONLY the cart mac address can connect to the AP. If someone steals the AP, they cant plug in their laptop to the ethernet port of the AP and gain access to the network.

Make sense?

Yes it makes more sense now. There's a plug that you have to change when you go 'wired' or

'wireless'.  I believe that plug provides the direct conection from the Codec to the the AP. I wish Cisco would have better documentation on how this works.

Great tip on the Security side.

Thanks much for the help

Pm me your email and Ill send you the config for a 1131. You may need to modify it for your 1142. But it will get you started. We ended up using 1131 on ours for other reasons.

Some other notes:

You might want to enable only one radio

We are using 802.1X on ours with EAP FAST

We added the MAC filter for security

We had no issues with passive client during our testing

Hi George.

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks again for all the help provided

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card