cancel
Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

WAP 371

I am purchasing 3 WAP 371's for a medical practice. I want the Dr's to be able to roam from exam room to exam room while remaining connected.  There are no advanced diagnostics in the practice such as X-Ray, MRI, Cat Scan, etc. It is a typical office with sheetrock and drop ceiling. I plan to ceiling mount these unless I am told they are better mounted on the wall vertically.

Do I have to make each WAP have a unique channel?

If all of them should be on the same channel any suggestions on which channel to use?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Rising star

You need to add them into a

You need to add them into a cluster, set channel assignment auto

For small business please post here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5946/small-business-wireless

Beginner

The small business APs do not

The small business APs do not support true roaming.  You can set the devices to use the same shared key, but they are not truly roaming, even in cluster mode.  When moving from each devices range, you will experience a period where you will lose connectivity while the client device is authenticating.  Although this probably won't be much of an issue for laptops, tablets, and smartphones; this could result in dropped calls if you plan on using wireless IP phones.  

The clustering feature is made to make administration and setup of the devices more convenient.  Just configure one AP and the rest of the devices in the cluster will follow suit.  If you want true roaming, you'll probably need to look at enterprise devices.  

Beginner

What is recommended for true

What is recommended for true roaming?  I'm wanting 802.11ac support with true roaming features that won't drop connectivity.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards