Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WBPN Wireless-n bridge for phone adapters will not configure

Hi. I just purchased a cisco wbpn wireless-n bridge to use with a cisco SPA-303 phone. In order to configure it, I have to use the web interface for the device, which supposedly has a default ip address of 192.168.1.254. (I have a Verizon router which does not support WPS). The IP address simply will not load. It constantly times out, no matter how many times you retry. Has the default ip address for this device been changed? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for configuring the device. The phone is useless to me without the wireless adapter. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

mvedel001
Level 1
Level 1

You have to go into your control panel & get into the network and internet connections (could be diff. wording depending on your OS) & then right click Local Area Connection > properties > TCP/IP IPv4 > Use the following IP address 192.168.1.2-253 (anything inbetween after you've determined whats available via CMD > Tracert "Your Router Addy")

Subnet 255 255 255 0 ; default gateway - nothing

then enter the IP address ;you have assigned into your browser

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1. You 1st have to change the network adaptor properties.
2. Put IP address in network adaptor properties any between 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.253
3. subnet mask 255.255.255.0
4. leave the gatway address field empty.
5. Go through below link for furhter guide.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/92746/cisco-wbpn-wireless-bridge-spa-phones-wifi-n
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card