Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0 Vendor mac-address list

We are doing a study on our public WiFi to identfy client connections based on wireless Vendor.  about 40-50% of the clients wireless Vendors are "unknown".  Is there a way to update the list of Vendor mac-addresses in WCS?

Regards

Chris Kaufman

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently there is not a method to 'import' a list of OUI to the WCS.  This gets updated with WCS software updates.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently there is not a method to 'import' a list of OUI to the WCS.  This gets updated with WCS software updates.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks Stephen )

Can you tell mewhen the next WCS 7.0 release is due out?  7.0.230.0 was published in Feb 2012.

I doubt there will be any further releases of WCS code, as it's been EOL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/end_of_life_c51-556750.html

You would need to work a migration to NCS at this point.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

I don't think WCS has been EOL'd. Looks to me that only the Location licenses have been EOL'd. The PLUS and Base versions still are available according to my configuration tools.

Am I reading this wrong? I just purchased WCS-Standard-K9 and WCS-Plus-100 licenses in April 2012.

Scott

Pavel Pokorny
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: