Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Mesh Message

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I have a mesh network where I can see this message frequently on WCS for some APs:

MESH 'AP APO_ZN5_4130/00:23:34:47:64:00' has SNR on backhaul link as '0'  which is lower then predefined threshold. - Controller Name:  WISM-EXB-3-B

The AP is a Root AP.

can anybody explain when this message usually appears?

I just checked the AP and all profiles are passed. the message appears frequently and it appeared earlier today morning (my time).

I do not expect the noise to be too high so that SNR be 0. or is it possibly the signal that is too weak? I dont expect this either.

is there anybody can helph us to explain when this message appears?

Thanks.

Amjad

p.s:

ap model is 1522 (AIR-LAP1522AG-E-K9)

WCS: 7.0.172.0

WLC: 7.0.116.0

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anybody encountered this issue?

Hi Amjad,

Can you attach the screen shot and what is you configuration setting on the server and mesh ap. I need WCS logs too.

Thanks and Regards

Sridharank

Thanks Sridharank,

actually the images also appear on traplogs on WLC, so why we need the WCS logs?!

during the past few days the message stopped appearing. It seems because we turned some outdoor APs down.

But I want to know if there are any bugs or any situation that causes this message to appear other than having SNR as 0 (very high noise).

Thanks.

Hi Amjad,

WCS logs need to debug  and investigation of where exactly facing this issue. There is no bug on this.

Thanks and Regards

Sridharank

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card